Be the premier network and resource for the administrative profession.
Our Core Purpose
To ensure individuals working in office and administrative professions have the opportunity to connect, learn, lead and excel.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: Demonstrated by honesty, accountability
and ethical behavior consistent with an abiding respect for the dignity
and value of individuals.
- Transparency: Demonstrated through listening, understanding and responding to member and stakeholder feedback.
- Excellence: Demonstrated by quality resources that support growth and development of the individual and the profession.
- Collaboration: Demonstrated by an inclusive
culture that appreciates the value of diverse perspectives, the power of
common vision, and equality among peers.
Goals and Objectives
Goal #1 - Membership
A variety of individuals
working in the office and administrative professions will seek
membership in the association in order to engage in continuing education
and networking opportunities that lead to professional achievement and
overall membership growth of the organization.
- Increase the diversity of members
- Increase the number of members
- Retain a greater percentage of existing members
- Increase the level of member engagement
- Increase member satisfaction
Goal #2 - Public Awareness and Image
Employers in a variety of settings will recognize IAAP as synonymous with administrative excellence and IAAP members as valuable partners in high-functioning teams.
- Improve the public image and perception of the administrative and office profession
- Increase employer awareness of IAAP and the value that members bring to the workplace
- Increase brand recognition and visibility of IAAP across multi-media channels
Goal #3 - Professional Development and Certification
The association will provide high quality, affordable, on-demand
training and continuing education that is convenient, of practical value
to users and improves job satisfaction, in support of attainment and
retention of professional credentials.
- Identify core competencies to develop standardized expertise at each level of learning
- Develop curriculum for each level of proficiency
- Demonstrate value of certification to individuals and corporations
- Increase availability of training/education through a variety of channels
- Increase the marketing of educational programs
- Ensure IAAP certification will be recognized by industry, business, government, and employers as an essential professional credential.
- Increase understanding of the value of IAAP certification to professionals in the administrative workforce
- Increase the number of certified members and nonmembers
Goal #4 - Infrastructure
will have a financially sustainable funding model with an efficient
structure and effective governance that reflects best business
practices, ensuring an organization that is nimble and responsive to the
- Increase funding for and awareness of IAAP through strategic partnerships
- Eliminate financial and organizational inefficiencies
- Explore contemporary structures and governance models
- Expand strategic partnerships with sponsors
- Increase member knowledge of contemporary business practices and governance
Goal #5 - Global Engagement
opportunities, member services and resources will be enhanced through
global engagements, affiliations and targeted sponsorships.
- Increase the use of all available technologies to provide resources globally and creatively engage members
- Create industry-specific global network to enhance the reach and effectiveness of members in those industries
- Create one standard certification that is recognized world-wide
- Increase strategic affiliations and sponsorships to promote global
networking and applicable professional development opportunities
- Foster international growth