Give someone the recognition they deserve by nominating them for the IAAP Achievement Award!
IAAP members who have demonstrated achievement over the course of the fiscal year are selected through a nominations process (remember, anyone can submit a nomination!) to receive the IAAP Achievement Award.
This awards program recognizes contributions and achievements that exemplify IAAP’s vision, core purpose, and core values; and the Achievement Award applauds and acknowledges excellence in the profession.
Nominations for the IAAP Achievement Award 2019-2020 will be accepted July 18 through October 15.
All expenses paid package to attend Summit 2019
- Transportation (airfare, shuttle/taxi to and from airport to the conference hotel)
- Hotel costs for the duration of the conference (IAAP will make hotel arrangements)
- Premium registration
- The winner will serve on the Awards Seletion Committee the following year.
If the winner is unable to attend Summit, the chosen award winner will receive recognition at Summit 2020 and the award is for attendance at Summit 2020. Award winners are not required to attend Summit 2020 in order to receive the award, but will be encouraged to attend if possible in order to be recognized. IAAP will provide a similar valued package to attend another IAAP event within one year of announcement of the award. However, please note that on-stage recognition will only occur at Summit.
• Be an IAAP member for 1 or more years
• Be active in member recruitment ( could include conference attendance referral, member recruitment, certification referral, etc.)
• Show advanced qualities of leadership in the workplace
• Show excellence and professionalism in his/her career
• Exemplify the core values of IAAP
You can find the nomination form here.
IAAP Achievement Awards FAQ
Do you have to be an IAAP member to receive this award?
Yes, you must be a current IAAP member in order to be considered for an IAAP Achievement Award.
How is a member nominated?
Nominations open July 18, and close on October 15.
First, be sure the member you are interested in nominating meets the nomination criteria. Once you know the person you want to nominate has met the criteria, fill out the online nomination form.
If I nominate a member, how do I know the submission went through?
If your nomination has gone through successfully, you will see a dialogue box on the screen thanking you for your submission. You would need to close this box or your browser in order to get it to disappear. If you did not see this box, submit your nomination again.
If I am nominated, how do I know or when do I find out I’ve been nominated?
Members who are nominated for an award will be notified by email by October 16.
If I’ve been nominated for an award, what do I do next?
If you are nominated for an IAAP Achievement Award, you will be notified by email by October 16. You will receive instructions on how to fill out your application for the award. You will have until December 16 to turn in your application and any other materials pertaining to the application. Winners will be announced at Summit.
What do I do if I have been nominated but I do not want to be considered for the award?
If you have been nominated but you are not interested in applying for the award simply do not fill out an application. There is no need to notify IAAP headquarters that you will not be participating.
What materials will those who have been nominated for the award be asked to provide?
Members who are nominated for an IAAP Achievement Award will be asked to provide an online application, as well as additional materials to support the application. The application and details on additional materials will be provided to those nominated by October 16.
How are winners selected?
Winners of the IAAP Achievement Awards will be selected by a selection committee. The committee will review all applications and supporting materials to determine who will receive this award.
How many members may win this award?
One member may receive an IAAP Achievement Award.
What if an award winner cannot attend IAAP Summit when the awards are presented?
If an award winner is not in attendance, they will still receive recognition at the conference, and arrangements will be made with the recipient to receive their award.
Will late nominations or applications be considered?
We will not be able to consider late nominations or applications under any circumstances. In order to avoid any issues, we recommend you submit your materials in advance of any deadlines.
If you have additional questions please contact Courtney Teel.
- Awards are conferred at the sole discretion of IAAP.
- IAAP reserves the right to substitute awards.
- Award recipients waive all possible legal claims against IAAP arising from the selection of award recipients and the use or receipt of the award.
- Applications and materials become the property of IAAP.
- Members of the IAAP Board of Directors, the Foundation Board of Directors and the Achievement Award Committee are not eligible for participation in this program.